Whales & Lunch @ Fraser Island
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
- Product code: WLF1
Enjoy a fun, educational and exciting Whale Watch experience aboard Quick Cat II and spend the rest of your day relaxing at Kingfisher Bay Resort on beautiful Fraser Island.
Whales & Lunch at Fraser Island is only an extra $35.00 on top of your Whale Watching ticket.
After your Whale Watch cruise you can disembark at Kingfisher Bay Resort to enjoy lunch at the Sand Bar & Bistro.
After lunch you can relax by the pool, explore the self-guided walking trails, hire a stand up paddle board, kayak or put your feet up and relax at the Sunset Bar at The Jetty to watch the great sunset across the Great Sandy Straits.
You will return back to Hervey Bay with a choice of catching either the 2.30pm or 5.30pm resort barge. Once back on the mainland the Kingfisher Bay Resort bus service will return you back to the marina or to your accommodation. GREAT VALUE!
- Tea & Coffee, Light Refreshments.
- Informative Commentary + Local Knowledge & History
- Australia'smost experienced Whale Watch crew
- Hydrophoneequipped to listen to the beautiful singing of the whales underwater
- Fully licensed
- Non smoking vessel
- Lunch at the Sandbar at Kingfisher Bay Resort (Your choice of the menu)
- Full access to Kingfisher Bay Resort amenities (pool, spa, toilets, showers etc)
- Return transfers back to your accommodation
What to Bring
- Mask, Snorkel, Towel and Swimwear (if you are planning to swim with the whales)
- Enclosed Shoes
- Camera (preferably waterproof)
- Sense of adventure
- Money for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, whale swim, activities at Kingfisher Bay Resort if desired.
- 7:00AM and returns via Kingfisher Barge at your choice of either 2:30PM or 5:30PM.
Once back on the mainland the Kingfisher Bay Resort bus service will return you back to the marina or to your accommodation.
Please ensure all guests check in to our floating office at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time. We don’t want you to miss the boat. We are the only floating office located right at the boat, look for the Red Harpoon Gun on the board walk and you have found us. Walk through the office check in with one of our lovely office staff members and head on through onto Quick Cat II.
Whales & Lunch @ Fraser: Please check in at 6:45AM
If you experience unexpected delays please call us as soon as you can. If you cannot make departure time your ticket is transferable to another cruise (subject to availability)
- Exciting opportunity to swim with the Humpback Whales - Extra $100.00 per person to be paid during the tour (Weather permitting & conditions apply)
*EXTRA ACTIVITIES AT KINGFISHER BAY RESORT NOT INCLUDED
IN PACKAGE PRICE - EG: KAYAKS, STAND UP PADDLE BOARDS, SEGWAYS ETC*
* THIS PACKAGE CAN ONLY BE BOOKED FROM AUGUST 1ST - 25TH OCTOBER *
INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR CRUISE
Weather & Sea Conditions
The team at Hervey Bay Whale Watch have been doing this for a long time and know the bay and the conditions well.
Quick Cat II is one of the best "Sea boats" in the fleet. We usually have great conditions and the bay is usually protected and calm BUT… Sometimes it may get a bit rough!
We will never leave the harbour if conditions are dangerous and we will advise you of the expected conditions
before departure. Different people have different expectations, some people aren’t bothered by rough days, but we want you to enjoy your experience with us so if it’s a rough day we are happy to re book your cruise for a calmer day.
If the day is too rough to be enjoyable, we will advise you as soon as possible that the cruise will be cancelled. You have the choice of a refund or to book for another cruise.
It is extremely rare that we don’t find whales on our Whale Watching cruises, however, occasionally this may happen very early in the season or very late in the season. This is why we set our start and finish dates to minimize the chance of this happening and minimize the chance of leaving passengers disappointed.
Hervey Bay Whale Watch have always guaranteed whale sightings. This means that if you have joined us for our Whale Watch Cruise and for some reason we don’t see whales, your ticket is valid for any of our other Whale Watch Cruises until you see the majestic Humpback Whales. (Subject to availability)
The company has always maintained this policy. The longest time taken to redeem a ticket was 15 years so the guarantee stands for as long as it takes. It was nice to have the customers come back after 15 years!
- HerveyBay Whale Watch reserve the right to substitute another vessel at any time
- Cruise may be cancelled or substituted due to weather or tide conditions or if viable passenger numbers are not reached