Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
- Product code: FBBC
The perfect half-day trip to Fraser Island. Step on the pristine, white sand beach and bask in the clear turquoise waters – swimming, kayaking, snorkelling, fishing, playing and relaxing. Experience the West Coast of Fraser Island where few have visited and enjoy the day on your own terms.
Enjoy the spectacular pristine water ways between K'gari (Fraser Island) and the mainland while looking out for dolphins, turtles, dugongs, fish and bird life on the 45 min - 1 hour cruise out to our destination.
Once anchored at our destination, we take you ashore via our RIB (rigid inflatable boat) where you have 2 hours on the island to participate in whatever activity you like, or simply take the time to relax and enjoy the remote beach.
Embark the boat, rinse off in the fresh water shower and get ready for a delicious Aussie BBQ lunch. We cruise back slowly to the marina, whilst eating lunch and listening to an interesting and engaging commentary about the Island, history, marine life and other fun facts.
* Expert commentary on marine life and local Aboriginal history
* 2 hours of free time on the beach
* Use of ALL beach equipment: Kayaks, Snorkelling gear, Fishing gear (bait, lures etc...), Beach activities (beach cricket, Frisbees, balls, sandcastle building equipment), Rides on inflatable tube.
* Dive skins available (if desired)
* Morning tea – fresh fruit platter and variety of cakes
* Aussie BBQ lunch – Hervey Bay King prawns, quality fillet steak, sausages, three fresh salads, fresh bread
Cold drinks available for purchase at our fully licensed and affordable bar.
You're welcome to bring your own equipment as our fishing and snorkelling equipment is limited (this is not a designated fishing or snorkelling trip). Please call the office to let us know at least 24 hours beforehand.
Access ashore is via our tender; guests need to be physically fit and have a degree of coordination to access the tender/RIB (rigid inflatable boat) and going ashore. No wheelchair access to the beach – but those in wheelchairs can stay on boat and partake in fishing.
“Shore Based Activities” (activities conducted off the main vessel M.V. Whalesong) require a level of fitness and coordination. Guests with physical or medical impediments may struggle with certain activities. These activities are at the guests own risk.
Going ashore at Fraser Island may be substituted for Pelican Bank; or both destinations may be provided on the one day. This depends on tides and weather conditions. We want guests to have the best experience and both areas can offer great beach and water activity options.